Marco Island, Florida
Ten Best Things About Marco Island (totally my opinion -- others may disagree)
- You come over the bridge and your breath is taken away -- I have been dog sitting for a friend off the Island and it is amazing with the sun coming up and I can't begin to tell you how amazing it is. No matter if it is your first time or 100th time...
- Just minutes from Naples, there are Galleries and cultural offerings all of the time....
- White Sandy Beaches - the sugar sand here is the best I have ever experienced!
- Mackle Park with lots for everyone to do, with a great walking path, and Kid's Cove!
- The Esplanade - has a great gathering place where you can enjoy a breeze at the Star Bar
- The Snook Inn - where you can gather with your friends and "watch the dolphins play at the Tiki bar"
- Stan's on Sunday (ok this is on Goodland, but Stan has a song about Marco Island)
- You can't really get lost on an Island that is 4 miles by 6 miles!
- Where else can you watch Swamp Buggy Races ? Ok, off the Island but very much a local tradition at Florida Sports Park
- There is a wide variety of restaurants here on the Island to satisfy every one!