Here are some little know facts about Naples that you might like to know:
- Want to see a beauty queen dumped in the mud? Check out the Swamp Buggy Races!
- The Naples Depot Museum - 1051 Fifth Avenue South has an original 1909 caboose and 1947 club car on display and a multi-level Lionel train display.
- 1.4 million visitors a year makes tourism one of the area's leading industries with financial services and health care also big
- Naples Pier was built in 1888, when the city was only accessible by water
- More than 95 Golf Courses and has the highest ratio of golf holes per capita in the USA.
- Marco Island is the largest of the 10,000 Islands
- Stone Crab season runs mid-October to mid-May and is featured at many restaurants in the area
- Third Street South public areas has free wireless Internet access
For more inforamtion about the Naples & Marco Island Areas, please visit my Paradise Report Website.