Rich history from the Calusa Indian civilization with the 15 shell mounds that remain on the Island to the pirates and entrepreneurs who settled the area. The island was originally named after Captain John F. Horr who used the area as his vacation home and pineapple plantation in the late 1800's. The island has 546 acres with 134 home sites and 375 acres set aside as preserve. Just minutes from all the amenities of the city of Marco Island.
- Attended gatehouse
- Outdoor veranda with grill and kitchen
- Tennis courts
- 3.5 miles of biking, hiking, jogging, and strolling paths
Old Florida Dockmaster's Clubhouse
- Key Marco's location for fishing, sailing in the Gulf of Mexico, and backwater exploration of Ten Thousand Islands is amazing.
- The Dockmaster facility offers a 105-slip yacht basin, and your home or home site purchase gives you the rights to a dock for up to a 45-foot boat.
- Lifts are allowed with board approval, electric and water are available
- Features of the clubhouse include:
- Graciously furnished great room with wide screen TV
- Kitchenette with microwave & cooler
- Conference Room
- Exercise Room
- Private gear lockers
- Billiards table
- Association office
- Spiral staircase that leads to the widow's walk, which affords magnificent views
- Community hasn't taken off yet, very secluded gated community
- 1 Estate per 4 Acres
- Caxambas Pass, Blue Hill Bay & Barfield Bay minutes away
- Stately oaks, and subtropical splendor, gives a secluded lifestyle and great privacy.
- Community hasn't take off yet-will it?
- Rustic area and natural beauty comes with bugs and restrictions regarding spraying -- this is protected wetlands
- Dock area is shallow water
- Some lots may not be able to build upon - buyers must do due diligence with soil test and piling tests
- Lots of properties for sale
- Currently there are 7 single family homes for sale in Key Marco Ranging from $2,499,000 to $5,995,000.
- One home closed in March for $2,700,000
- There are 30 lots on the MLS for sale and an additional 26 lots with the builder. This year 3 lots have sold ranging in sale price from $1,450,000 to $1,550,000.
Definitely a community to watch, but most likely for the end user consumer who wants a gated boating community with secluded privacy to enjoy the best that nature has to offer. Not something that an investor will want to keep unless they are looking for long term results. This community has always been hard to sell, it takes a truly unique buyer. There are other communities out there like Hideaway Beach and The Estates that should be compared with before making a decision if Key Marco is for you.