December 2, 2007

Project Stupidscape Might Make for Some Desperate Housewives on Marco Island



I have been enjoying reading the Marco Island Blog for some time now. It seems that they are the only other Blog out there at this time really writing about Marco Island. I will admit they hit a lot harder than I do. I still, at times, have hope that the City can right the wrongs and be the Island Paradise it was destined to be.

If you haven't checked out there site, you should, Marco Island Residents (and Visitors too!) can do things:

This is really a site that a Marco Island home owner should review. But I am getting away from the real reason I was posting this.


Today there was a post that I got a chuckle out of. I read this post and all I can think of is the episode of Desperate Housewives when Gabrielle Solis cuts her lawn in an expensive Designer Gown. The description of the show doesn't seem all that far from Marco Island. "A primetime soap with a truly contemporary take on the "happily ever after," "Desperate Housewives" takes a darkly comedic look at suburbia, where the secret lives of housewives aren't always what they seem. "

There are times that I just shake my head at the stupidity on Marco Island. Now don't get me wrong, I love the Marco Island. I called Marco Island home for several years and visit several times a year. I still have friends on Marco Island with lovely homes. The latest regulation that has been suggested is proof of legal residency from landscape employees on Marco Island.

Project Stupidscape is just another instance of people not thinking things through all the way before they act. Could you really envision all those absentee owners cutting their own lawns? No I didn't think so either... Or how about all those women on Marco Island who live here? This could make for some Desperate Housewives on Marco Island!


read more digg story

No comments: